We'll be updating the blog weekly with vintage pics from the store. For the first installment, we're taking you on a South American journey filled with colorful and embroidered pieces from intricate huipils to your basic everyday dress. We'll list the measurement of each piece but if you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. For now, please either call 512.524.1271, email email@example.com or come in to the store to purchase!
1. First up is this beautiful cotton shirt with pockets. The edges of the sleeves are left raw and the colorful fabric of the one side allows for the wonderful fringe down the middle. Bust is 50", length is 27" from shoulder and it's $40.
2. Huipils are very special and each one is decorated differently depending on where it's from and what it's purpose was for. This colorful dreamboat is a casual rainbow just waiting to find its new owner. Check out the details below. Bust is 42" with a wide sleeve, 27" length from shoulder and $65.
3. One more shirt in the mix, here's a standard button down with color blocked rainbow colors broken up by black & white ikat strips. This shirt is 100% cotton and is labeled a size L. Bust is 42", length is 29" from shoulder, sleeves are 31" from back of collar down sleeve, and $25.
4. First dress of the post, this pink number is your perfect everyday dress. It is so soft and comfortable and it even has pockets! I love the butterfly embroidery too. Bust is 48", hips are 47", length is 42", and it's $48.
5. Another beauty of a dress comes in bright lime form. I believe this was made by hand as the bottom hem is a little off-kilter but I love the uniqueness it brings to the piece. The front piece is brightly embroidered with butterflies and leaves as are the edges of the sleeves. I just want to lounge around my house in this all the time! There are a few color irregularities on this piece but as you can see nothing noticeable by the eye. Bust is 40", hips are 48", length is 45" from shoulder, sleeve length is 27" from back of neck, and $58.
6. Our first jacket on the list is a magenta dream with a beautiful embroidered front piece that functions as pockets as well. This is a larger piece but I love how oversized it is. It drapes beautifully when put on. Bust is around 50" around, length is 31" from shoulder, length of sleeve is 32" from back of neck, and $65.
7. Lastly, and definitely not least, is this stunning handwoven jacket/overthrow with silver button clasps on the front most likely of Native American decent. This is a truly original piece and I wish I knew its story! This fits similar to the jacket above but is best worn loosely over an outfit. Bust is around 50", length is 31", and $75.
Stay tuned for more!!